Ulam Fellowship Grants for Research at Ceraneum Centre, Łódź, Poland 2021–2023
We invite you to conduct your research in any field of Slavic, Byzantine, Late Antique and Middle East studies at our Centre. To secure the funds for your stay, please apply for the Ulam Fellowship Programme of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
Deadline: 23th April 2020
Stay duration: 6–24 months
Living allowance: ca. 2400 EUR/month (+ mobility allowance and additional funding for the spouse, minor children or assistant for beneficiaries with disabilities)
The programme is aimed at scholars who:
– hold at least a doctoral degree awarded in a country other than Poland and do not hold Polish citizenship (some exceptions apply);
– are employed at a foreign university / research centre, or have just defended ther PhD dissertation, or have just completed their previous postdoctoral fellowship (after 31 August 2019).
During your fellowship, you can:
– conduct academic research, be it individual or in cooperation with Polish researchers or research teams;
– complete your first or your subsequent post-doctoral fellowship;
– obtain materials for your research or for scholarly publications;
– conduct workshops or didactic classes for students.
The applicant should register here:
The application involves submitting a detailed plan for the research stay in Łódź, covering one or more of the above-mentioned activities that the candidate intends to carry out at the Ceraneum Centre. The candidate should state their goals, describe the relevance of the project for the development of their academic career, justify the choice of the Ceraneum Centre for the planned activities and indicate the benefits of the stay for both the applicant and our Centre.
– a minimum of 3 publications published no earlier than 2015 (monographs or/and research papers in journals indexed in Scopus, Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index or Arts & Humanities Citation Index).
Announcement of results: October 15th, 2020.
Your stay should start between January 1st, 2021 and September 1st, 2021.
To learn more about us and the research fields on which we focus, please
visit our website: http://ceraneum.uni.lodz.pl/
To learn more about the Ulam Programme, requirements for applications
and regulations, see:
If you would like to apply, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to ask any questions regarding the Programme or our Centre.
The next call for applications will be announced in the autumn of 2020 with a January 2021 deadline.